Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Oeuvre is Killing Me

Dia Beacon describes itself in it's floor plan pamphlet as "one of the world's most distinguished collections of contemporary art."

This is, of course, open to debate.

All I know for sure is that the descriptions accompanying each exhibit have the world's most distinguished, numerous & creative use of the word "oeuvre."

Seriously. Apparently EVERY artist at the Dia Beacon has an important, far-reaching, personal, and/or challenging "oeuvre." Must be when you get an MFA in Art you have to prove you know a myriad of cleaver ways to use the word "oeuvre." Because...it isn't merely your "work"...it's your "oeuvre."

Oh, they don't allow photography in the building so I took a picture of the front walkway.

I think the grass lends itself nicely to the general timbre of my oeuvre.